When you can’t decide between brownies or cookies, go for a combo! This dessert is super easy to make and sure to make your belly smile. The recipe is gluten free as well. Makes one dozen cookies.
1 tsp salt
1 jumbo egg
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels (or a little extra if you are a true chocoholic)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
Sea salt (for sprinkling on top)
1. The first step is always to preheat your oven. Preheat to 350F. If you put in the cookies before the oven is preheated, your cookies will not bake properly.
2. Start by mixing these ingredients together in a large bowl: room temperature butter and both sugars. Cream them together until they are smooth. Use a hand mixer if you have one. Once combined, add your egg and vanilla extract.
3. In a separate bowl, mix your dry ingredients: baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt. After they are mixed, add them to your other batch. Be sure to combine them thoroughly.
4. Next comes the most important part: chocolate morsels. Combine them with your dough and use your hands or a scooper to craft a perfect cookie ball.
5. Align them on a greased baking sheet or parchment-paper lined sheet. They should be 2 inches apart.
6. Throw them in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes until the edges are set but the middle still gooey. Once they are done baking, transfer them to a rack and let them cool.
7. Enjoy your creations!