Good Morning Muffins
Start your day off right with a Good Morning Muffin. These are easy to whip together and a great food to grab and go when you’re in a hurry. Although every baker has their own version, this is a sweet, citrusy and simple one to make.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Makes one dozen.
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 cup room temp butter
1 cup orange marmalade
1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Mix flour, sugar, and baking powder in a bowl.
3. Use pastry cutter to combine room temp butter into dry mix.
4. In a separate bowl, mix marmalade, orange juice, and vanilla extract until combined.
5. Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients. Use an electric mixer to combine them.
6. In a small bowl, lightly beat your egg. Add this to the mixing bowl and use a fork or rubber spatula to combine. Don’t overmix.
7. Mix topping ingredients in a separate bowl. Set aside.
8. Grab a muffin tin (grease or use muffin liners). Pour batter into leaving a bit of room at top. Add topping to each one before putting into oven.
9. Bake for 20 minutes or until done. Let cool for 10 minutes.
10. Enjoy your muffins!