Best Way to Steam-Roast Your Favorite Veggies
Cooking vegetables can be a fun and exciting or a real pain. For myself, certain cooking methods have made vegetable preparation an enjoyable experience.
Steam-Roasting is one of those methods. Steam-roasting your vegetables streamlines two processes into one making it easier to produce tasty, flavorful vegetables. For those who want to include more vegetables into their diet, but can’t stand the long preparation preventing you from doing so, then steam-roasting may be your long lost solution.
Steaming and Roasting Goodness
There are numerous ways to steam-roast, but I found this to be the best.
The Oven Method: this is by far the most popular as it truly accomplishes steam-roasting all on one pan. Here are some basic instructions:
- Place the vegetables on a baking pan spaced apart from each other for best circulation.
- Preheat the oven to 425°
- Place a layer of foil over the vegetables to encourage moisture as the food heats up.
- After 15 minutes, check vegetables for tenderness. If the desired tenderness is not achieved, cook until it is.
- Remove foil, and dry heat vegetables roasting until satisfaction.
Once the vegetables are done, I add my favorite seasonings and spices on top for a nice healthy meal. To cement why this is my preferred choice, here are some extra tips:
- Tongs are best to lift the foil from the vegetables when first steaming.
- The roasting process is best to achieve that caramelized texture on your vegetables which really makes my meals even tastier.