Mac N Cheese Bacon bites
Give guests the perfect snack-sized portion of mac and cheese with these delicious Mac N Cheese Bacon Bites. Not only are they tasty with built-in portion control, they’re hand-held, meaning way fewer dishes for you and better mingling for your family and friends.
Mac N Cheese Bacon Bites
Time: 45 minutes Serves: about 18 bites
1 cup elbow macaroni
3 T butter
2 T flour plus 1/2 cup
Cayenne pepper to taste
Freshly cracked pepper to taste
Salt to taste
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
2 egg yolks
Optional: chopped fresh chives
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease muffin tins with butter or cooking spray.
2. Boil macaroni as per package direcitons.
3. Meanwhile, cook bacon until brown and crispy. When cool, dab out excess grease with paper towels and chop into small pieces.
4. To create cheese sauce, melt butter in a large skillet, then add 2 tablespoons flour and whisk for one minute. Slowly add in milk, whisking constantly until smooth. Add cayenne, salt, and pepper and mix thoroughly.
5. Add cheddar cheese to the skillet and whisk until completely smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
6. Drain pasta. Combine pasta with cheese sauce in a large bowl. Stir in eggs, egg yolks, remaining flour, and bacon pieces until well combined.
7. Using a small scoop or a spoon, place mac and cheese into muffin tins. Top each portion with Parmesan cheese.
8. Bake 13-15 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melty. Let cool slightly to set before serving. Top with chives if desired.