Old-Fashioned Banana Cake
The banana cake is a great dessert to be enjoyed on special occasions or casually with a cup of morning joe. This recipe gives instructions on how to make a simple old-fashioned banana cake baked in a round cake pan.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 45 min
3 ripe bananas
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter (room temp)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree. Grease a cake pan with butter or oil.
2. Cream together your sugars with softened butter. Once creamed, add in the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Mix until thoroughly blended.
3. In a separate bowl, sift your all-purpose flour with baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
4. Gradually add in your dry mixed ingredients to your creamed batter. Mix until they are combined. Then add in your chopped walnuts. You can also add in chocolate chips if your heart so desires it. If you do, only add in about 1/2 cup so cake can bake properly.
5. Fold in the mashed, ripe bananas to the mix. Do NOT blend them in with the mixer or else the consistency of the batter will not turn out right.
6. Pour your batter into the greased cake pan. Bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center of the cake clean.
7. Let your banana cake cool for 15 minutes. Then it’s time to enjoy!